Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 4, My Views on Religion

When thinking about this day of the 30 day challenge I didn't know how to approach it. At first I thought I should talk about my view on different types of religion but if I went that way I might hurt someone's feelings if I didn't feel the same way as them. Then I thought I should go in the direction of just talking about my religion and the things that I believe in. Now and finally I have decided to do a little combination of both but sharing mostly about my religion and beliefs.

So to start things out I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints or LDS or Mormon.

My quick blurb about other religions is that I think that there are many religions that have truths to them but I know that the religion that I am a part of is the only church with the full truth.

The LDS church revolves around the family and families being together forever. Families can be forever only through the sealing covenant which is made between the individuals being sealed, usually a husband and wife but it can also be parents and adopted children or other situations like that.


There is my hubby and I in front of the LDS Boston temple. We were sealed inside of this temple. Because we were sealed we will be a family forever including all of our children who are born into this covenant.I am so happy that I can be with my family forever because there is no other man I would want to spend the rest of eternity with and I could not imagine living forever without the rest of my family, Savannah, my parents, my siblings, my grandparents, etc.

Another important covenant that I have made with my Heaven;y Father was my baptism. When I was eight years old, as a member of the LDS church I believe that you are able to be baptized when you are eight and any age after that and children and babies who die before they are able to be baptized are saved, I was baptized by immersion, totally covered in water, by my father who has the priesthood. Then I received the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The Holy Ghost is a spirit who can be with you to comfort you and let you know the things that you should and should not be doing. It's not like someone is telling yes or no it is a feeling that you can feel in your heart and everyone feels it differently.


The head of the LDS church is God and Jesus Christ. They run the church through a living day prophet, his two counselors and the twelve apostles.

The prophet today is Thomas S Monson. His counselors are Henry B Eyring and Dieter F Uchtdorf. The first Prophet of the Latter Days was Joseph Smith.


There are some of the things about the church that I am a member of and I do believe it all. If you want to learn more you can go to LDS.org or Mormon.org

No comments:

Post a Comment