I probably don't talk about it enough on here but I am LDS, a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. You may also know my church as the Mormons.
I believe in the Bible. I believe that Jesus Christ, God and the Holy Spirit are three different personages. I believe in The Book of Mormon, it is another testament of Jesus Christ from the people of the Americas before, during and after Christ's time on earth.
I don't drink coffee, black tea, or alcohol. I don't smoke or do any drugs. I don't swear or use the Lord's name in vain. I try not to watch movies that swear or have sexual themes. I don't watch porn and I think it is disgusting. I didn't have sex until after I was married and I will only have sex with my husband.
My husband and I got sealed to each other in the Boston Temple for eternity, so we believe that because we were sealed and because we follow God's commandments that we will be married forever and our children will be born into this sealing and will be sealed to use forever also.
We believe that when we dies we will go to the spirit world and wait to be judged and then we will become Gods and Goddesses of our own worlds.
To help everyone understand more of my beliefs and the beliefs of those in my church I will post the thirteen articles of faith which can be found at the end of the Book of Mormon.
- We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
- We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam’s transgression.
- We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.
- We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
- We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.
- We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.
- We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.
- We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.
- We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.
- We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.
- We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.
- We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.
- We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul-We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.
A video I just watched that I love from the Mormon Messages is one called "Having Children Enriches Your Life", you can watch it below.
I hope you enjoyed reading about what I believe in and I hope you learned from me or from the websites that I provided. My church is so important to me and Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are companions that I am so grateful to have in my life.