Saturday, November 23, 2013

Stain Removal!

This tip has saved my husband and I from hideous carpet stains so many times this year from diaper blowouts to juice spills! The first time we used this stain removal technique was after a disgusting blow out...


Sorry for the graphic photo but I think you need to see it to understand how horrible the stain was!

Well this stain removal trick that I am about to show you was the reason that we no longer have a blob of green on our carpet!

The stain that I got to remove from the carpet was a dark purple grape juice stain. When this incident happened Savannah and I were home alone as we often are since Ryan works 5 days a week but I had gotten myself a glass of grape juice and put it down on the coffee table, mistake number one, and as I  turned my head away for one second, mistake number 2, I hear glass hit glass and then I hear liquid pour and start dripping onto the carpet. I turn my head around and there was the scene of the crime!


As soon as I saw it I was freaking out! I had no idea what I should do but I had remembered the awful stain that Ryan had been able to get up so I called him right away and he told me that the answer was beer!

We do not drink alcohol so us having beer in the house is not a normal thing but in Brazil they use beer a lot in their cooking and baking and Ryan loves to make Brazilian food so that I can try it and so he can relive his mission years so we had beer in our house because he had used it for dinner one night and he had only used one of the 6 bottles so we still had 4 left, he used the second one for cleaning up the first stain.

So here are the steps to removing a stain with beer.

1. Dab up as much of the liquid as you can with paper towels.

2. After you have gotten as much of the liquid up you are going to pour the beer over the stain.
We used Bud Light Lime only because that was what was the cheapest when Ryan went to the store so I am sure any flavor or brand would do the job but I am also sure any of them will not make your carpet smell not so good because beer smells awful but the smell goes away pretty fast.

3. Let the beer sit for 5 minutes and then rub it with some wipes.

Now you should be done and the stain should be gone!


Before and After! What a change and it all only took about 15 minutes! I was so relieved when it worked! I was freaking out because I knew this would be the perfect reason for the manager of our apartment building to keep most, if not all, of our deposit when we move out!

Let me know if you have ever tried this or what other stain removal tricks you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment