Friday, November 22, 2013

Day 16, My Views on Mainstream Music


When I think of mainstream music of today the things that come to mind are Miley Cyrus, Nicki Minaj, sex drugs, rap, hip hop, etc. These are all things I don't enjoy listening to. So I am not a fan of today's mainstream music.

Mainstream music and the lyrics that they use make me nervous and scared for the mainstream music that is going to be around when Savannah is a teenager. If the mainstream music is so dirty (sexually and the language) now and is only getting worse I cannot even imagine how disgusting it will be in 13 years!

The music I do like to listen to so I don't have to listen to mainstream music is church music like hymns, country, Christmas music and music from my childhood. Although I am worried about what the music future holds I will do my best at teaching Savannah what the right kind of music is and when to know when you should turn a radio station off. I will be an example to her always which makes it even more important for me to stay away from mainstream music.



Another thing I don't like about mainstream music are the people who sing the music. These people are not the people I want Savannah to look up to as she grows up. I don't want her to make the same mistakes that they are making.

Overall I hope you could understand that I do not appreciate mainstream music and the bad influences they are having and will continue to have on our children and ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment