Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 3, My Views on Drugs and Alcohol

So for this post I will try not to get heated or too emotional. My stand on drugs and alcohol is that I will not consume them. They are bad for me and I know better ways to make myself happy.


Above is my uncle Aaron. My dad's youngest sibling. I love him so much. He is only 7 years older than me so he always felt more like a cousin. When I was younger we visited my grandparents in Canada. The whole summer I remember that I would follow Aaron around every where and I am sure he got sick of it fast but he put up with me and tried to include me as much as he could.

In 2005 on July 5th my family and I went to an amusement park in Connecticut called Lake Compounce. We were waiting in line for the log ride and my dad answered the phone and told us he had to step out of line for a few minutes. The rest of us proceeded to the ride and had a fun time getting soaked. When we got off the ride my dad was off the phone but I knew something was wrong, I could see that his eyes were red from crying and he never crys. My mom went up to him first and talked to him but we couldn't hear anything he was saying but I knew it wasn't going to be good. He then turned to my sister and I and told us that our uncle Aaron was dead.

All I could keep thinking was how it was not fair. He was too young, he was only 19. He was my young, fun uncle but he let drugs and alcohol get to him. He let them take over his life and then they took his life for good.

I love him so much still and I miss him everyday. I especially missed him on my wedding day and during my whole pregnancy and on the day my daughter was born. My brother was only 4 when our uncle passed away but he already loved Aaron. Before Savannah was born he would tell me how he wanted to be a fun uncle just like Aaron and that he was going to have Savannah call him Uncle Mike because thats what Aaron called him. I hope that Michael will be a great uncle like Aaron but I also hope and pray that drugs and alcohol will never play a part in his life like how they did in Aaron's life!

I will never drink and I will never do drugs because I am too smart for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment