Saturday, March 30, 2013

Creamy Garlic Pasta

Today’s recipe is one that my husband and I made for a side last night for dinner and it is from Iowa Girl Eats. 
This is someone I am going to start following she has such great recipes and ideas on her blog.
The Creamy Garlic Pasta was so easy to make and it was liked by everyone especially my 11 year old brother who had three+ servings of it.
Ingredients:
8 oz. (1/2 lb.) of shell pasta or any other kind of pasta you want to use
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 minced garlic cloves
2 Tbsp flour
3/4 C milk
3/4 C chicken broth
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 tsp. garlic powder (I did not add this)
2 tsp. dried parsley
1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
First you will start your pasta and when it is done drain and put it to the side if your sauce is not done yet.
Image
First melt the butter in the olive oil.
Image
This is what it will look like after the butter is melted.
Image
After the butter is melted add the minced garlic and cook until it is golden brown. After the garlic is golden brown whisk in the flour.
ImageImage
Now add the milk and Chicken Broth and season with salt and pepper.
Return to using a wooden spoon.
Image
On Iowa Girl Eats blog she says to now take it off of the heat but I did not and it still turned our well so you can take it off or leave it on which ever you prefer. This is also where you would add the garlic powder but this was a very garlicky that I was making so I left it out but I did add the parsley.
Image
Now add and stir in the parmesan cheese. After you stir this in you can then pour the sauce over the pasta and mix it all around.
Image
This is what the final product looked like. Yes it is as good as it looks!
Thanks for reading my post, if you try this let my know by commenting below!

No comments:

Post a Comment