Friday, September 6, 2013

Day 9, How I Hope My Future Will Be Like!

I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I do love some things about where I am at right now like my husband and our beautiful baby girl. I love the Waterbury ward and the friends we have been making. I love that I can be so close to my parents and siblings. I love that I have the opportunity to finish my degree and that my husband got the wonderful opportunity to work in the company and job that he is working in.

I know that where we are right now is temporary and there are things that I am sad about when I think about leaving this state and ward and my family but there are also things that I am really excited about.

In my future I want to be a graduate from WGU with my bachelor's degree for interdisciplinary studies for teaching 1st-8th grade. I want to be a stay at home mom though. I want to have perfected my menu plan and be cooking dinner every night for my family having the meal done and on the table in time for Ryan to get home from work.

In the future I want a HUGE family! If it was just up to me I would probably have 6-8 kids no problem but of course I am in a loving marriage and we work together so together we would like to have 4-6 kids! I love Savannah so much and I can't wait to be able to give her siblings who she can grow with and play with and who she can develop friendships with.

In the immediate future, so meaning as soon as we move out of our current apartment which should be April whether we move to a different state or just move to a different apartment complex in CT then I want to live somewhere with washer and dryer connections inside our apartment or home! I am just getting more and more annoyed with the fact that my washer and dryer are sitting in my parents basement and that I can't use them and instead I have to pay $3 a load and I can only do laundry on days when someone can come over and help me... I just cannot wait to be able to use my washer and dryer while also being home alone with Savannah and when she is awake!

In my future I am excited to be able to call somewhere my home and by this I mean I can't wait to live somewhere for more than a year and to know that we will be there long enough to even buy a house. I can't wait to buy a house and to decorate it and fill it with children haha!

So there you go. That is what I hope my future will be like. With my house full of children and my house wife super powers! I am so excited for my future but that does not stop me from enjoying where I am now and I love that too!

Let me know where you want your future to be like in the comments! 

4 comments:

  1. My future! Okay, we'll say five years down the road. I hope that I will be a junior at BYU-I, having gone on a mission. Hopefully I'll be married at that point, but who knows?? If I've been married for a while, maybe I'll be raising a baby, but I think I might like to wait until I'm graduated so I can stay in Rexburg while I'm going to school. Hopefully I'll still be working for a bachelors in psychology. I'm pretty sure at this point that I won't change my mind, but I change my mind a lot so we'll see how long my psychology dreams last. So a little further down the road, I hope to have more kids and to be living in a home where I host my own therapy sessions. I also hope that I'm living somewhere out west, hopefully close to family (you too!) so we can visit often. I, too, hope to have a "mom friend" haha that would be the best.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you are on a mission but I think you did change your major lol!

      Delete
  2. What I see in my future is LOTS of grandchildren, hopefully that will come and visit me LOTS! Becoming a gramma was one of the happiest days of my life. As Savannah has grown and developed, it has been more than I can imagine. I have been so lucky to be close enough to share in so many of her firsts. From her first bath to her first car ride home. Her first smile. Rolling over to sitting up. Her first taste of baby food. Seeing the excitement in her face when she found her voice. The funny things she does. The entertaining faces that she makes. She is a true joy in my life and I can't wait until we add more little ones into our family.

    I know that it is a true blessing that I have been close enough for all of it. I realize that in the years to come, and my kids move on in their own adventures, I will not be nearly as close as I am now. So I will take advantage to every moment I have now.

    However, as they move on and I am able to watch their dreams come true, I will always have a place for them to come home to. I hope to have lots of guest bedrooms made up so that my children and grandchildren will each feel at home when they come to visit. I hope that my future holds LOTS of visits from all of my family. LOTS of "Gramma and Me Time". Tea parties like my mom used to have with my children. Full cookie jars, children's crafts ready to make, maybe a playset and sandbox in the back yard, teaching my grandchildren to cook the recipes that my grandmother used to make.

    But most of all, I hope to have developed a much stronger and loving relationship with my own children. That they will be thrilled to not only call me "Mom" but also one of their best friends.

    What more can I ask for my future?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you have two grandkids, that's not lots yet but I am sure Caitlyn will get to giving you grandkids soon after she gets home! ;)

      Delete